Re: Fedora Update Notification: Mozilla [1.4.1-18]

Don wrote:
It's great that updates are being made, and distributed simply by using the up2date tools....

But, from the Redhat web site, a brief explanation of Fedora is it is "For developers and enthusiasts who want the latest technology."

So... yesterday this new update for Mozilla is released.... 1.4.1-18
Mozilla 1.5 is already available, and so is 1.6a

So if Fedora is supposed to be "leading edge", why are we coming out with incremental changes to Mozilla 1.4? Why isn't 1.5 or 1.6a available via up2date?

At the time that fedora was put togther, Mozilla 1.4.1 was the latest and greatest.  I've considered starting to upgrade the Mozilla versions that are in fedora as upgrades, but I'm not going to do it until Mozilla 1.6, and only then if it doesn't break too much stuff.

--Chris

--
Christopher Blizzard