RE: Speedstep Support via boot parameter doesn't work ?

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 16:22, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> If you look at the cpufreqd module... it's supposed to work in conjunction
> with the centrino module. Actually, the centrino module is just a frequency
> governor compiled into the kernel. That's why you get /proc/cpufreq in 2.4
> series kernel and /sys/cpu????something in 2.6 series. (the /proc/cpufreq
> module is depreciate in 2.6 kernels) However, AFAIK there is no automatic
> scaling.. I'm talking in terms of RH9/centrino/2.4.22-rc2-ac3 custom kernel
> experience. FC1's kernel has some items which seems interesting to me in
> terms of laptop support(based on their release notes) but I've not installed
> it to determine if it would help me gain battery life. (I'm talking about
> bdflush, kjournal commit intervals, disk spinup/down etc..)

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-November/msg02673.html
powernowd userspace controller for cpufreq's 2.6 kernel userspace
interface.  It works great on my Athlon laptop, but because it uses
cpufreq, does it also work on Intel speedstep?