Re: Why am I getting these?

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 22:09, Denny Wyss wrote:
> I just did my first install of Fedora last night and saw this error as well when I tried to update.  I am interested in answer myself.
>
> Message: 9
> Subject: Why am I getting these?
> From: Arindam Dey <adey@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:59:13 +0800
>
> The Below messages pop up on right clicking the rhn-applet and clicking
> Launch up2date when up2date is trying to retrieve the packages.
>
> The package glibc-devel-2.3.2-101.1 does not have a valid GPG signature.
> It has been tampered with or corrupted.  Continue?
>
> The package glibc-headers-2.3.2-101.1 does not have a valid GPG
> signature.
> It has been tampered with or corrupted.  Continue?

[snip lots more similar error messages]

It is not resulting from not having imported the GPG keys needed by
Fedora. Although this should be done but that is not the issue here.

The above error resulted due to the damn proxy server again. I am gonna
kill the server admin later in the evening (waiting for darkness to fall
and then in the parking lot with a spanner in my hand.....)

Now because of the faulty squid proxy configuration command line yum,
apt and some downloads are also failing mind you some downloads not all.
Because only some are failing I am still trying to find out what &^%$ is
wrong with the squid.conf.

Anybody got any ideas?

The weird thing being it is not the site it is failing on since during
up2date it downloaded a few of the rpm's ok and a few were not.

--
Arindam Dey

The mind is not a vessel to be
filled but a fire to be kindled.

GPG FPR: B8E3 219E F129 F970 F4A7  BC50 9636 504A BEDF 5739