Re: Speedstep Support via boot parameter doesn't work ?

Am Mi, den 19.11.2003 schrieb Philip Balister um 16:42:
> Does it make sense to load the speedstep-centrino module at boot
> time, then figure out how the acpi event mechanism works, and use
> that to adjust the laptop mode and power policy modes based on
> the power cable status?

Well, I own a Thinkpad T40p whose ACPI implementation has some probs
with the Linux way. I don't get a battery status and none of the power
management buttons work. So I've to use apm, which works more or less. I
intend to hook a command into the apm power mode notification to switch
between performance and powersave policy.

> Aslo, if you give the centrino module a range of frequencies, how
> does it decide what frequency to run the cpu at?

That is the second part of my question. There is software named cpufreqd
and cpudyn which will do some switching according to rules you can
define. But couldn't try it yet. If the centrino module does some
frequency switching for its own, it may conflict with software like
cpufreqd.

Peter