changing Gnome panel buttons

Hello,
Alot of my users keep complaining whenever they get a new account on a box that the first thing they do is add the terminal button to their panel. These complaints came from both KDE and Gnome users.

I was able to change the default buttons on KDE by changing /usr/share/config/kickerrc
But try as I might, I cannot find the file, or set of files, to change the default set of buttons that you get on the gnome-panel.

So, in short, what file, or set of files, do you need to modify, to change the default gnome-panel buttons?
By default I mean the buttons that a newly created user would see.

Thanks
Troy Dawson

Troy Dawson  dawson@xxxxxxxx  (630)840-6468