Re: One more thing - Crossover plugin

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 21:24, Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:

> If you've install libraries that the system can't seem to find, then
> check the following:
>
> rpm -ql <the packages you installed> | less
>
> Look carefully to see where all the libraries (*.so) files were
> installed.
>
> less /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> Look at the paths there, and check that the path to the above libraries
> is included. If it isn't, you'll have to add it and do an ldconfig
> again. Also be aware that occasionally all it takes is a symlink from an
> existing library to fix the type of problem you're having. For that,
> you'll need to know the *exact* name of the resource file the <program>
> is looking for. The easiest way (short of reading the accompanying docs)
> of doing this is:
>
> strace <program> >logfile 2>&1 && tail -f logfile
>
> If you miss any of the error messages whizzing by, you can re-read the
> log at your leisure with:
>
> less logfile
>
> Hope that helps a bit,
>
> --
> [H]omer

Thanks. It won't be listed in the rpm database as I had to build and
install it since no one seems to have a copy at least not that I could
find with google. I did a grep on ld.so.cache and it said: Binary file
ld.so.cache matches
So it appears that it is getting into the cache. But when I try up2date
to install mplayer it fails on the dependency. I am going to try to just
get the latest copy of mplayer I can find and try installing it directly
rather than use rpm.