Re: Fedora for laptops ... Re: Dell Precision M60 LapTop (Built-in Wireless) support

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:08:45 -0500
Will Cohen <wcohen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Advantages of swsusp patches vs BIOS suspend-to-disk]

> On the Dell Inspiron 4100 there the BIOS suspend to disk is limited to
> 768M of RAM, but the laptop can hold 1GB of memory. Thus, for some
> configurations of Dell Inspiron 4100 the  BIOS suspend-to-disk will not
> work. I assume that the swsusp would not suffer from that limitation.

The Thinkpad 240 has a similar limitation (BIOS suspend-to-disk works with
192M or less of memory, while the laptop can hold 320M).  I can see that
advantage- I was just wondering if it were faster, perhaps, or more
reliable than BIOS suspend-to-disk for machines where both were available.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/