Re: KDE 3.1.93 for Fedora spotted

pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Do you, collectively, prefer KDE or Gnome? And why?

I've always been torn between KDE and Gnome. Overall, I prefer the usability of KDE (I've always found GNOME to have a lot of small shortcomings, like minor UI annoyances, that are nitpicky in nature, but all add up to a bad experience overall). On the other hand, I've always preferred the look of GTK2 to the look of Qt.

Also, RedHat has been seriously KDE-hostile in their distro releases in the past (I'm not sure if Fedora is any better), so for the most part I've just been using GNOME for the time being.

However, I saw the announcement for KDE 3.2 beta, and I saw the screenshots, and I absolutely loved it. With the advent of KE 3.2, KDE isn't ugly (to me) anymore, and since I've always found KDE to be more usable, I'll probably end up switching to KDE full-time as soon as it's released (I'm not brave enough to try the betas; I'll wait for a 'yum upgrade' to ask me if I want to install kde 3.2 before I switch :)