Re: Problems with installation via http or FTP

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

Hi Tim and list,

On Friday 14 November 2003 23:58, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

I have downloaded the Fedora bootdisk.img onto a floppy, and the
installation menu starts up normally when I boot from the floppy. But,
when I get to the point where I want to download via http or FTP, it says
I need a driver. Fine; I have the drvnet.img downloaded and placed onto
another floppy. But then it says that "no devices of the appropriate type
were found on this driver disk" when I try to use that floppy, which I
have reformatted and reloaded the driver file on there, with no errors.

It is a new computer this is going on; it's got RH 9 already installed.
I wonder if it is too new for the driver disk to pick up something that
is needed. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe it wants the drvblock.img floppy?
Seems improbable, but maybe worth trying?

Already did; I got the same error. Someone else has this problem, too. Things that make you go hmmm!

Same problem here, on an HP Vectra 6U. The network card is a 3Com 905, but I tried swapping it out with a Dlink card I know works and I get the same message for both.