Re: xawtv full screen issues

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 17:54, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Anybody else experiencing problems with xawtv in full screen mode?
>
> When switching to full screen, the screen resolution is changed. In
> previous versions of xawtv I could still scroll the whole desktop with
> the mouse, now I can't anymore. Well, no problem, but what worries me
> is:
>
> Icons on the desktop are lined up for a 640x480 Desktop. Even gdeskcal
> changes it's position. This sucks hard, cause it's just like Windoze!
>
> Happens in kde and gnome. So is this the default behavior of xawtv?

    Yeah, I've been there and back.  Not so much a matter of changing
resolutions (probably an X configuration) but unpredictable behaviour.
This isn't always a bad thing.

    For the longest I've been running it "grabdisplay", but I started it
up last night and I only got sound.  I was disappointed.  So I set the
capture mode to grabdisplay, thinking that I'd be stuck with a small
screen.  BUT NO...I'm right now seeing O'Reilly in a window, but when I
"F" it, nothing of the desktop remains....turning my 19" monitor into a
true television set, and me, a happy camper.  See?  Unpredictability
isn't always a bad thing.  And heck...it uses less CPU than it did under
Shrike.  Go figure!

    Won'tcha send me your X configuration (XF86Config) and .xawtv files
off-list, and I'll compare it with mine.  Maybe I can bring your
enjoyment level up to mine!

Brian FahrlÃnder                     Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                    http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262