INIT: reloading

Here's an odd one:

After solving a number of issues with some new hardware, I now have Fedora
running along just fine but for one persistent weird thing. After a period
of idleness, when nobody is logged into the machine, when I wake the screen,
I am greeted with the message:

INIT: version 2.85 reloading

I hit enter and get the login prompt. This machine is not yet connected to
the network. What does this message mean, and what could be triggering it?

Thanks,

Michael Hurley
Webmaster/SysAdmin
University of Connecticut School of Law