Ibnstall Eats Swap Partitions On Non-Installation Drives

This is an issue I've brought up before: if you have 2 Linux distros on 2 separate drives, the Fedora Core installer will honor your choice of which drive to install to, but it will format and then use the swap partition on the drive(s) you are not installing to.

I have been told there are "legitimate reasons" for destroying the swap partition that belongs to another distro, but no one on the forums has given me a list of those "legitimate reasons". I fail to see any legitimacy to it whatsoever. There is just not a good reason. Anaconda ought to be changed to stop this behaviour, and also it should not attempt to add swap partitions from other distros to /etc/fstab.

*If you don't want the swap partitions on other hard drives wiped out when you install Fedora Core, be very careful to review the drive partitioning and check the 'preserve data' option that Disk Druid displays. And then before booting your new system, find some way to edit /etc/fstab to prevent those partitions from being mounted.

--
Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA