Re: DriverLoader in Fedora

I agree you need to be more specific with your problem. Newness to the issue will not secure you help if you only post a few lines of generalized claims. You can easily copy and paste error messages and put them in a post.

I use the Linuxant driverloader. I installed from the RPM for Red Hat 9, and I can tell you that the driverloader does work.

What is the purpose of the Driverloader product? It acts as a wrapper around your Microsoft Windows driver software. It makes it possible to load and use the Windows drivers under Linux.

However,

*Your wireless NIC must be using a chipset supported by Linuxant! Don't bother installing it if your chipset is not supported.

*you must read and follow the installation directions posted on the Linuxant site.* This is very important, don't just try to rpm -ivh the package. There are several steps you need to follow.

*You must have the Microsoft Windows driver components ready for the Linuxant driverloader to work with.

*At the web-based login screen for the Linuxant product, you must login as root.

*You must have a license key from Linuxant to completely install the product! Therefore your computer needs to be connected to the internet if you wish to take advantage of their automated registration and key generation facilities.

*After installation of the driver loader, you may very well have to change the order in which the boot time runlevel scripts execute. S24pcmcia problably needs to be run before S10network.

I'm probably going to dump my 30 day trial of the Driverloader when it expires because Linuxant never responded to my support queries and the product is not that great when I get down to it. For instance it won't tell me the active SSID's in my area. It has some rough edges that cause error messages.

Bob

Joey Skufca wrote:

Robert Cavey wrote:

A little friendly advice...

In the future ... be as specific as possible cut and paste the error
message if at all possible.

Is it a rpm or tar.gz, etc. version of the "driverloader" and is it
RedHat 9 specific??
Looking at the linuxant site, they only support RedHat 9 so you might
want to try the below method:

TAR x86 driverloader-1.38.tar.gz