Webcam and SBLive "conflict"?

Anyone else out there experience problems with webcams and soundcards?

I've got Fedora Core 1 installed on a machine with an SB Live! card and a Logitech QuickCam 4000. Because the camera also has a sound device (microphone), Fedora is "seeing" this as a sound device. It also appears that esd is using this device by default. A dmesg listing shows that any sound attempts are timing out:

usbaudio: dma timed out??

Also, the gnome mixer applet seems to only be able to control the microphone device. Now if I unplug the webcam and reboot, the SBLive works once again once Kudzu yanks about 4-5 "instances" of the webcam from it's "database".

Any ideas on a workaround or do I need to bugzilla this? This is a dual-boot machine, and it's a pain to have to remember to yank the webcam when I'd rather be using Fedora.

-Rick
--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)