Re: GDM session switching

Gerry Tool wrote:

Didn't RedHat distributions prompt you to make the current selection the default when you changed it from gdm? That seems like a more intuitive way to me.

That is the way it used to work. I'm not sure how RHL9 has it - I'll check it there next time I'm in that system. Give the new way some time before you get upset.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound upset. I'm not, really!

I only wanted to make the point that the reason I knew about the swtich desktop app was because of my previous experience with RedHat distributions. I don't think new users, or users of other distributions trying Fedora, would even think to look for it, and I think that this is a useablity problem which ought to be pointed out.

As a design decision, it seems to be one that favors more advanced users (who for some reason need to switch desktops often) and this seems contrary to the direction RedHat/Fedora has taken with their progressively easier to use/configure distributions.

Still very happy with Fedora,

Peter