Re: Freshrpms.net concerns.

El Sáb 08 Nov 2003 16:40, Michael Schwendt escribió:
> On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 20:19:37 +0100 (CET), Konrad Kosmowski wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Kevin Francis wrote:
> >
> > > I find myself in complete agreement with you. It is important that
> > > people realise that they cannot mix and match repositories.
> >
> > By using FreshRPMS (which are build *for* Fedora) and Fedora what do I
> > exactly mix? - I don't get it. Seriously.
>
> Packages from freshrpms.net can conflict with packages from other add-on
> repositories and even with future packages from Fedora Core.
>
> > > I want cool apps too, but not at the price I might have to pay.
> >
> > What is the price of using Fedora and FreshRPMS? Essential packages come
> > from Fedora, addons come from FreshRPMS, they do *NOT* exactly mix since
> > none of FreshRPMS packages *replaces* any of Fedora packages - they are
> > simply *additional* that coexist together. So I still do not get your
> > point.
>
> Not true. The repository contains a couple of packages which override what
> is included within Red Hat Linux or Fedora Core.

Get apt and us preferences to make it chose FC over FreshRPMS. Very easy.

P.D.: I think sooner or latter, the people of FC will have to think about mp3,
pine, and all the non-free, non-US stuff.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques@xxxxxxxxxx