Re: apt enabled FC1 repository

On Nov 8, 2003 at 23:28, Bret Hughes in a soothing rage wrote:

>Didn't I read some where that fedora was going to be apt and yum
>enabled?  Was that only for the betas/rcs?  what are folks who have been
>using apt for previous distros doing?
Probably, no, I now use yum and up2date.

>Has up2date been enhanced to use alternative repos and mechanisms?
Yes.

>I guess I can build an apt repo from the cds for Fedora like I have for
>7.3 that  use to locally update my machines at the office and in the
>field but that seems like a PIA for a single test box. I just installed
>apt from atrpms but the only rpms I could find are for rh9 any probs
>with these?
No clue. If you check your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file, you'll
fine clues as to how to add apt and yum repos. Work is ongoing
behind the scenes to make apt, up2date and yum use the same header
info so you could use any client to access the rpms.

N.Emile...
War is an equal opportunity destroyer.
 09:41:35  up 76 days, 22:16,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00