Re: Freshrpms.net concerns.

On 8 Nov 2003, Florin Andrei wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 12:41, Marc Williams wrote:
> >
> > I *think* that ATrpms, Freshrpms, Dag, and a few others collude so as to
> > make these sorts of conflicts unlikely.
>
> Wouldn't it be great if all these projects will start to co-ordinate
> with each other somehow? To not re-invent the whell and all that...

what would also be useful would be a single document somewhere that
introduces the variety of package management utilities for fedora, and
how to choose among them.  a beginner reading this mailing list would
be forgiven for being thoroughly confused by now -- what do i use?
rpm?  apt-get?  yum?  and so on.  how do these tools interact?  where
are the repositories i would start with?

does anything like this exist?  should it?

rday