Re: Minimal installation

At 21:44 11/8/2003, Michael Kearey wrote:
Perhaps a few of us could cooperate on creating this "smallest" install kickstart file? I will be happy to cooperate, put forth my own efforts, and maybe put up a web page with the list of packages so that we can discuss it. Anyone else want to help? Lox, Michael, Jaroslaw... anyone?

Sure, I will co-operate too. Perhaps test it, put forward my attempts, etc.. Cheers, Michael

By "practical" I mean that we do not want a system that just boots and then stares at you, having been crippled beyond any ability to do useful work. Rather, the search is for a system which is still usable but trimmed of any unnecessary fat. This "minimal" system will include the following capabilities:

 - Standard Fedora kernel
 - RPM
 - a bash shell, iptables, other truly basic packages
 - as little else as possible