Printer problems

I have an Epson C80 printer and just loaded the Fedora release. The
printer is recognized on /dev/lp0 and configured by CUPS, but nothing
prints. Looking through the documentation, I see that it says that some
Epson printers require initialization and suggests doing a head
alignment with the command "escputil". However, this command just hangs
- no matter what arguments I give it.

I don't think I have a bad cable, since the the printer is recognized
and identified correctly (but I will try to verify that). Anybody have
any suggestions for getting output on this printer??

thanks very much,

nbc
--
NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Aiki Software)