Re: A really basic question

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 13:48, Lox Thomson wrote:
> So maybe I didn't see it, but I sure looked hard.  Help me out with this one.
>
> I dloaded the ISOs and installed Fedora.  No problem.   But I couldn't select
> my packages one by one!

There have been many threads on this list and on fedora-test-list
discussing this.  See for example,

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-November/msg00881.html

> I chose a Graphical installation, picked Custom install, which states that I
> can choose my packages, got to the picking page, and enabled KDE and GNOME,
> no prob.  But I when I got to the bottom of the page, I expected to see a
> checkbox which I could enable to select individual packages.  That's not
> there.  Is there a graphical expert mode?

Did you at least click on the "details" links at each group to see which
optional packages could be individually chosen?

> Also, the monitor and video card selection was also ripped out.  What's up?

The installer now autoprobes for the card and monitor.  If you open
System Settings > Display and click on the Hardware tab are your monitor
and card identified?  If not, clock on the Configure button and find the
one that matches yours or comes closest to i.

Gerry