Re: YUM and the package manager

I already suggested that and posted a RFE in bugzilla. I was told that was in the design for the new UI for Add/Remove. As a matter of fact I thought that Add/Remove and Up2date should really be the same, and use the same souce list etc..and include header.infos for the cd sources possibly.

I think that you may want to checkout from CVS the Add/Remove package and look it over, or contact the maintainer.

Kreg

Listas wrote:
El vie, 07-11-2003 a las 19:33, Julien Olivier escribiÃ:

/Now that YUM is shipped with Fedora Core, wouldn't it useful to modify
the package manager (Add/Remove Applications) so that it uses YUM to
retrieve the list of packages and resolve dependencies ? More over, it
could be great to have a tool to add/remove sources from the package
manager./

And don't fortget the graphical front end for the dummies (I'm one of them). I was really comfortable with synaptic and it's a thing I will be apreciate for yum, up2date or wharever stuff that provides upgrades for Fedora Core.

Josà Salgado
http://www.saladelfrio.com
Una web que ya no se ni porque la hice, pero ahà estÃ.