Re: FC on old PC

Martin Marques wrote:

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Martin Marques wrote:

> Is it posible to get FC1 to install on a PC with a 486 processor and 8MB
> of RAM?

Well, here we have lots of people that read there mail with pine, so we use these old PC as text terminals with NIS and NFS, so they can read there mail.

con: as they are old PC with little memory, some of our nasty users have problems with their very HEAVY mailboxs (spank them!).

Have you investigated the Linux terminal server project? Take one beefy machine, mix in lots of old, low-power machines with no local hard disks and voilà! A modern, capable desktop for all.

http://www.ltsp.org/

Peter