Re: Yet another BitTorrent Thread

At 11:54 11/7/2003, you wrote:
> That was it... It took about 3 hours. As you can see it goes from one
> extream to the other... BT is great, it is fast and it is legitmate...
> - --

I don't see the point about that BitTorrent thing (it's a P2P, isn't it)

I happen to get the ISO's from a nearby mirror in 22 minutes per disc.
(480-500 KB/sec)
Obviously, without any upload, which compromises bandwidth.

The point about BT is that not everyone has a "nearby" mirror so pulling data from several other peers (yes, P2P as you said) can help them.

The other point about BT is that, once you are done downloading, you can leave it running so that _you_ act like a mirror and help someone else who has less bandwidth than you to get it more quickly. Just helping the community a little.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx