Re: XFS filesystem support in Fedora

Florin Andrei wrote:

Dunno if it's a conscious effort or simply a coincidence, but Red Hat
just seems terribly opaque to any suggestion of including XFS support.
Unlike other distributions ;-) which were happy to include it, at least
as an "experimental" feature.

Anytime I posted a question about adding XFS, I got nothing from RedHat.

That's too bad, since XFS is very good at handling read/write to/from very large files, when other FSs have a rather poor performance. Anyone who tried to author DVDs knows what i'm talking about.

Not to mention acl's and xfsdump. :)