Post Install Problems

After I instal FC1 it boots to the final setup screen and freezes (no mouse or keyboard). When I reboot and check the file system several items (video, pwc, sound) fail. Except for those it proceeds with loading OK till "Initializing firewire controller (ohci1394)" (this is OK also), then it just stops. My system:

Intel P4 3.0 GHz
Intel D875PBZ Motherboard
2 512 Mb Corsair DDR 400 RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro
Audigy 2
Sony DRU-500AX DVD
Creative 52X Cdrom

Any ideas why this happens. Red Hat 9 works fine with this system. Any help will be immensely appreciated.