Re: Another Nvidia problem (the rpms)

Hi.

I'm one of the brains behind the rpms in question.

If you use the NVidia RPMS that have been discussed, it may be possible
(likely) that you need to re-install them AFTER removing the Mesa-libGL
RPM, but that is a pure guess on my part. In either case, re-install the
Mesa-libGLU RPM first before you do anything else.

It seems hw accelerated OpenGL works to some extent, however this screen saver blackout issue is new to me. If it can be fixed by removing XFree86-Mesa-libGL, I'll add a Conflicts: XFree86-Mesa-libGL to the nvidia-glx rpm. glxgears seems to work without removing that rpm though.

Installing with the downloader script on top of the rpms, or installing the rpms on top of a script install, is not supported and may go either way. It's only supposed to work on a clean system.

I'll look into this in a while.

/Peter