Re: Fedora stability

At 14:55 12/31/2003, you wrote:
Read the posts that went before and then read the last paragraph of my post.
In context, my remarks were on-topic.

I disagree. Someone started wandering off-topic by asking for Debian comments in a thread about Fedora stability, and you continued to wander further off-topic, especially WRT to the OP's intended question. What he or you ideally should have done was simply to start a new thread or rename the subject in your posts, which would have made it clearer that you were discussing some other thread.

However, it is not a crime to wander off-topic nor to discuss Debian (especially as compared to Fedora, which is sort of the point around here), so it's OK. Nobody has called you names for it.

You might also take the time to read the posts which were instigated by this
thread -- all expressing uncertainties about Fedora installation (in context
of other OS installations).

Again, I disagree. Most of the posts I read (and I did read the entire thread) were complimentary to Fedora, arising from _one_ question about whether Fedora was stable or not. Nearly all the posts that mentioned Debian, OTOH, were not complimentary. Still, your reading and my reading of the thread are allowed to disagree, so again it's OK. No one minds if you and I disagree.

You telling me I can't use the word Dxxxxn here without arousing a list cop's
sniping?

This I do mind. Good Lord, man, did you not take your medicine this morning?

Jeff prefers to keep as much integrity of subject in a thread as possible, and commented that IHHO the Debian questions were off-topic. Nevertheless, he did answer the question and did so with a helpful comment. What _exactly_ are you bitching about? The helpful comment, or the (gentle, IMHO) reminder that you had wandered away from the original topic of the thread?

Sheesh.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com