Re: Fedora stability

Mark Haney wrote:

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:15:16 -0700, Guy Fraser <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I recently switched to FC1, and I have found many nice improvements.
The only thing I have had a problem with was up2date, and the drawers
on gnome-panel.  :'(

So what's the deal with up2date? Unfortunately I haven't been able to keep up with the issues as well as I would like since I switched jobs, I've been too busy getting adjusted. Can someonegive me the abridged version?

When using up2date the downloads would stall and without error just seem to hang. I'm not exacly sure what the problem was with up2date, but after many attempts to get the updates, I finaly used wget to get all the rpm's from the updates site. Then I ran up2date again and since all the packages were in the /var/spool/up2date directory the update worked.

Since there were no errors, I am not sure what the problem was. Maybe the server configured in up2date was overloaded, I have not heard any
explanations.