Re: weird tcp problem after install fc1

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 04:10:14PM +0100, Mikael Abrahamsson typed in a frenzy:
> Anyone seen this before? I'm very puzzeled. Now after 2 more reboots after
> all the upgrades everything still works perfectly.

I have not this exact issue, but something similar. What occurs on my box, is rather strange. When I am trying to ftp data to another machine or if someone is downloading something from my machine via some other method (messengers of any type or via dcc in irc a certain amount of data will go and then the connection simply times out.

This never happened on RH9, but I don't have the heart to go reinstall rh9 to test if that is in fact the problem. I have made numerous tweaks to the machine and called my ISP about it, still no love from the data transfer perspective. browsing and such works just fine though. I even went out and installed new NICs and cabling. Tried other adsl modems. Turned off and turned on firewalling, no joy. I've yet to make any headway on the issue. If you find somethin' out by all means let me know. ^_^

Alex