Re: Fedora stability

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 15:49, Mark Haney wrote:
> Okay, kind of a stupid and maybe useless question, but as I"ve been really
> tinkering with (gasp!) SUSE, I'm kind of wondering how stable FC1 really
> is?  I mean I realize there are issues, otherwise this list wouldn't be
> very useful, but how well does it work as a Workstation (not server) as
> compared with any other distros especially RH9?

compared to RH9 there's not a lot of difference, except that practically
everything is of a more recent version than in RH9.  Stability is the
same, quality is IMO the same (but then again, how do you measure
quality?) and there are some nice improvements like yum.

overall i'd say FC1 is better than RH9.  It's just too bad so many
incorrect statements have been made on certain sites (*cough*
slashdot/osnews *cough*) about Fedora.