Re: macromedia flash player

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Nicholas Evans wrote:
> matt warner wrote:
>
> | but since i'm still very new to linux, i run into the problem of
> | accessing the directories of the CD-ROM.

> When you put the disc in it should automount it for you. A CD-ROM icon
> will appear on your desktop. Doubble click, it will bring up a GUI for
> you to navigate to the RPMS directory. Just doubble click the RPM and
> it will install.
>
> But next time, try finding some stuff on how to view a CD-ROM's
> contents on google.

Actually, I haven't gotten the automount thing to work either.

So, in Gnome, what you want to do is right-click on the background, and
one of the options will allow you to mount/unmount removable media.

In KDE, the only way I've found (aside from using the command line) is to
open the "Start Here" icon.  One of the options alone the left bar will
bring up a view including "Devices".  Expand that view, and it will show
you the devices attached.  You can then mount/unmount media from there.

To do so from a shell:

mount /dev/cdrom  (or /dev/cdrom1, if you have 2 drives, and you want to
use the second.)

To unmount it:

umount /dev/cdrom

To access it: