Re: Tripwire 2.3

On or about 2003-12-29 18:13, Keith G. Robertson-Turner whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:04:59 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:

Geffrey Velásquez [Minag] wrote:

Friends, how could I change the sender of the email notification of
tripwire 2.3? by default is: tripwire@hostname but it causes some
problems...

You could tweak the MAILPROGRAM= variable in twcfg.txt to include a
different envelope sender by using the "-f user@domain" option. Beyond
that, I think it's built into the binary.

From the man page:

"-M, --email-report Specifies that reports be emailed to the recipient(s) designated in the policy file."

From the policy file:

"Email support is not included and must be added to this file. Add the 'emailto=' to the rule directive section of each rule (add a comma after the 'severity=' line and add an 'emailto=' and include the email addresses you want the violation reports to go to). Addresses are semi-colon delimited."

Also be aware that there is a cron.daily job created during the install,
which will send an email upon completion. This is normally to root, but
read the cron man pages for more info.

-
Regards,

Keith G. Robertson-Turner
tripwire-devel at genesis-x.nildram.com

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but this seems to be trying to tell the OP how to change the *recipient* of the email. The way I read the OP's query, it's how to change the *sender* of the mail that he's after.

--
Fritz Whittington
TI Alum - http://www.tialumni.org