Re: alsa and midishare unresolved symbols on kernel 2135

david walcroft wrote:

John McBride wrote:

I've tried source rpms from Planet CCRMA and FreshRPMS, and alsa seems to build and install okay either way (Fresh has 1.0.0-0.rc2.1) but the modules won't load.

Here is the output of /sbin/depmod -ae:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2135.nptl/kernel/sound/snd.o
depmod: proc_symlink
depmod: register_chrdev
depmod: create_proc_entry

As I have an athlon cpu I tried installing an athlon kernel but no 2135 athlon source.rpm available. On the alsa.org site I found src.rpm rebuild options, one of which is
" --target <i386> <i686> <athlon> " so a rebuild with --target athlon did the trick, no unresolved symbols and a working alsa.

Yes, that was my bad. Will be looking into way to build my own multimedia kernel now, as I said the Planet CCRMA kernel locks my notebook pretty fast, and since both Slackware and Mandrake have multimedia optimized kernels for their distros it must be "doable" if I just dig through what CCRMA does to the stock kernel.

---
John