Re: Track pad on a Dell laptop

That worked! For some reason, it was using the "IMPS/2" protocol and /dev/input/mouse as the Device.

My gratitude,

Ben Ricker

On Tuesday, December 30, 2003, at 09:56 PM, Ben Stringer wrote:

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 14:08, Ben Ricker wrote:
Installed Fedora core 1 on a Dell Latitude with one of those
trackpad/glidesticks and I am trying to get it to work. I tried
downloading tpconfig from compass.com which I clicked-through from
"Linux on Laptops". Still no joy.

Am I missing a pkg? Has anyone got the trackpad to work with Fedora? I
am fresh out of PS2 mice.

My trackpad, keyboard pointer, and USB mouse all just work. Running on a
Dell Inspiron 8600. Below are the "mouse" sections from my
/etc/X11/XF86Config

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
        Identifier  "DevInputMice"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"