Re: Error while trying to upgrade from RH8 toi FC1

Robin Laing wrote:
I am trying to move upto Fedora Core from RH 8 and during the upgrade I
keep getting an error message and being told to reboot. This message occurs right after I select the partition to upgrade. (/dev/hda3)

--- error message
  Error mounting device sda1 as /mnt/pix.

Either there is something in /etc/fstab that tries to mount a device recognized as /mnt/pix or you added something to your config files for startup to mount this device. (/etc/rc.local or another similar file)

If you know where the /dev/pix mount request is coming from, remove the reference or comment it out until after the install.

By the name for the mount, it sounds like a camera device.

Jim

    No such file or directory

  This most likely means this partition has not been formatted.

   Press OK to reboot your system.

---  end error message.

I don't have a scsi drive or controller (sda1) so I would assume that the install is trying to use the CD rom or the partition that my RH 8 is installed on and is having problems with linking.

This error occurs in either graphical or text install attempts at the same location.

I guess I will hold off on Fedora until I hear an answer.

CD have been tested using the install test routine and all have been confirmed.