Re: up2date not working

Elton Woo said:
> I now have
> my yum.conf amended as shown.

Unfortunately, you are still confused.

> base]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/stable/

This isn't a Fedora Core repository, it is a Fedora Extras repository.  It
does not contain all the RPMs that make up Fedora Core.

> [updates-released]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
> #baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-$releasever
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/updates/

This one *appears* to be what you are looking for, but I haven't spent too
much time comparing it.

> [updates-testing]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
> #baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-$releasever
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/testing/

Again, this is a Fedora Extras testing repository, not a Fedora Core
testing repository.

--
William Hooper