Re: Smart Media reader

...you read and you learn.
mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1

--the _auto_ option being what I was looking for. I didn't know. Sorry if anybody wasted any time with this.

Regards,
Marc

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 02:36, Marc Johnson wrote:
Oops, let me try this again. My screen shot didn't make it through the server. Besides, dmesg probably gives a little more info.

demesg output:
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
USB Mass Storage support registered.
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: sda1
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1603

My original post follows. Thanks again.

Hi,
I was hoping to get some help here. I have a Fuji Film Smart Media
reader attached to my USB port, and can't seem to mount it correctly. My
system sees it as sda or sda1 (I've attached a clip from my system log,
as well as a screen shot from the Info Browser).  My former SuSE 9.0
system allowed me to mount it just fine as sda1. Unfortunately, I didn't
have the forethought to grab the info it was using (i.e fs-type, mount
point, etc...), before I ripped it all out to install FC1--there's
nothing like the school of hard-knocks.
Anyway, I'm aware that my camera is fully supported through the Digital
Camera Tool, which I think is _awesome_, but simple convenience and the
saved batteries drives me to my $12 card reader. I'm sure there's a
simple fix, but as I pointed out, I'm currently enrolled in the newbie
school of hard-knocks, the campus-in-hell. Seriously, any help would be
greatly appreciated, and if any more info is required, I'm sure I can
find it--I think.

--Marc

Sys-log:
Dec 29 18:49:55 home kernel:  sda: I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 0
Dec 29 18:53:51 home kernel: SCSI device sda: 16000 512-byte hdwr
sectors (8 MB)
Dec 29 18:53:51 home kernel: sda: Write Protect is off
Dec 29 18:53:51 home kernel:  sda: sda1