Re: Mount ntfs

Sergiu Giurgiu wrote:
well,
you are right. The permissions on the dir are like this:
dr-x------   1 root   root 12288 Dec 29 17:37 ntfs

but, if i do an umount /mnt/ntfs then the permissions become:
drwxr-xr-x   2 root   root  4096 Dec 30 10:02 ntfs

as it should be (as they are at the other directories from /mnt).
when i mount it (even as a simple user) they become with only read and execute right for root.
How can I fix that?

Don't know.

What I do is have noauto in fstab and I mount the partition using the non root user account under a mountpoint in the home directory...

I haven't thought about getting it automatically mounted....