Re: Problem: Dlink 802.11b card *just works* too good. -- was: Re: 802.11b wireless card

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 02:38:08PM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 09:14 12/29/2003, you wrote:
> >Here's what I'm looking for.  Is there a config/utility that can handle
> >going back and forth between automatic settings for detecting an AP
> >automatically (example: my neighbors AP), Work (ap config for work), and
> >Home (my ap sett's)?  My iBook has "Profiles" (called locations) for
> >networking, as does Windohz driver for the dlink card.  Is there such a
> >thing written for Fedora?  (I believe I read something about this working
> >in Mandrake (?)).
>
> I used that feature in redhat-config-network (aka neat) in Red Hat Linux 9,
> so it definitely exists already. However, I had to read the instructions as
> its use is not all that intuitive. Worked like a charm once I figured it
> out, although it did take some work.

Agree that setting up profiles with r-c-n is not particularly intuitive.
Another gotcha is that if you ever install a new kernel, make sure you
edit your grub.conf and do a s/2315/2335 or some such to ensure that
your profile stanzas pick up the new kernel.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg@xxxxxxx