Re: Problem: Dlink 802.11b card *just works* too good. -- was: Re: 802.11b wireless card

At 09:14 12/29/2003, you wrote:
Here's what I'm looking for. Is there a config/utility that can handle going back and forth between automatic settings for detecting an AP automatically (example: my neighbors AP), Work (ap config for work), and Home (my ap sett's)? My iBook has "Profiles" (called locations) for networking, as does Windohz driver for the dlink card. Is there such a thing written for Fedora? (I believe I read something about this working in Mandrake (?)).

I used that feature in redhat-config-network (aka neat) in Red Hat Linux 9, so it definitely exists already. However, I had to read the instructions as its use is not all that intuitive. Worked like a charm once I figured it out, although it did take some work.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com