Re: pulling out email addresses

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 14:56, Mark Haney wrote:
> Well primarily because of the nature of our emails, we target specific
> groups even within the groups we have.  It's a painful explanation, but
> even more painful to try to work on.  WE are at the mercy of our clients,
> the pharmaceutical companies and need to be able to document how many
> emails were sent and how many were bounced per order.  Does any of that
> make sense?  Mailman would be perfect other than the nature of our
> business.

Honestly... mailman should work.  You can specify who is allow to post
to the group (you sender) who the mail comes from, and how bounces are
delt with.

If you need more... grab the sources for mailman, and you have a great
starting point.

or send your mailings out from a specific address... then have a with a
bit of php or perl, check that POP3 account and add mail coming back to
your DB.

--
Michael Gargiullo <mgargiullo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Warp Drive Networks