Problem: Dlink 802.11b card *just works* too good. -- was: Re: 802.11b wireless card

Shannon --jj Behrens wrote:
What is a good 802.11b PCMCIA card or USB device that I can find at
Fry's or Best Buy?  I'm looking for one that will *just work* with no
additional fancy drivers than the ones included with Fedora Core 1.

I thought it funny that someone was looking for a card that "just works"... and I'm looking for configuration options to correct a problem with my card that "just works" so well, that it automatically detects my neighbor's access point every time I boot my laptop.

Here's my problem...
Clean install of Fedora Core 1 on laptop, with a dlink 802.11b wifi card. My access point doesn't broadcast it's ssid and uses wep.
Card works, and when I run a script that I've written to change the essid, wep key, and ap to my settings, it connects every time.

However, I live in an apartment building, and have a neighbor who has their access point wide open. So every time I boot, it automatically connects me to his AP. (If I leave it set to DHCP, the card works fine on his network too.. :P

Here's what I'm looking for. Is there a config/utility that can handle going back and forth between automatic settings for detecting an AP automatically (example: my neighbors AP), Work (ap config for work), and Home (my ap sett's)? My iBook has "Profiles" (called locations) for networking, as does Windohz driver for the dlink card. Is there such a thing written for Fedora? (I believe I read something about this working in Mandrake (?)).

Thanks,
John