Re: Speaking of viruses

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, WA9ALS - John wrote:
> From: "Elton Woo" <elwoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Bruce W. Bigby wrote:

> My understanding is that these programs detect WINDOWS viruses as received
> on a linux box.  If you don't have Windows, "What, Me Worry?"
> - John, feeling slightly less newbie

Do not ignore the fact that some windows software runs under
emulators.  Thus a vb script hidden in a spread sheet or word
document could do things that are unexpected.  It is unexpected
actions where the big risks live.

Years ago all the default actions for mode line controls
in vi, vim and emacs were changed because of risks. Not unlike
the vb risks in word.  See stuff like
  # vim: set expandtab:

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l