laptop AT Keyboard problem - modify kernel?

People,

I have not had any luck getting various distributions installed on a
Clevo laptop (http://www.clevo.com.tw/products/T200C.asp) - I would prefer to run Fedora if possible.

Early in the boot I get an "AT Keyboard not found" message and finally
I get a "pc_keyb: controller jammed 0xFF" message and can't input
anything from the keyboard. It appears that others have also had this
problem on other hardware and that it can be fixed by changing a define (see below) - is there someone who could modify the kernel and rebuild the boot CD for me?

Nat's comment in point #3 below sounds sensible!

Thanks,

Phil.

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2002-45/0418.html Nat Ersoz (nat.ersoz@xxxxxxxxx) 11 Nov 2002 18:53:17 -0800

1. We have a hardware platform which do not have a PS/2 style keyboard
controller. When the kernel boots we get the following message, printed
many times over:

"pc_keyb: controller jammed 0xFF"

2. In the file linx/drivers/char/pc_keyb.c, the following lines are
present (lines 72-74 for kernel version 2.4.20-pre10)

#ifndef kbd_controller_present
#define kbd_controller_present() 1
#endif

By changing kbd_controller_present() to '0' instead of '1', we no
longer
the the "jammed" message and a 15-20 second reduction in boot time.

3. It would be nice if there were a .config file parameter that was the
moral equivalent of CONFIG_PSMOUSE for the keyboard, like say
CONFIG_PSKEYBD so that the keyboard could be disabled as easily as the
mouse.

--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001
Australia
Mobile:  +61:0411-185-652