Initial Fedora impressions

Having "lived" with Fedora for 2 days now -- switched from RedHat 9.0 with a clean install -- here are my impressions. I base these on having 20 years "professional" computer experience and nevertheless considering myself to be a Unix/Linux pre-schooler. Please note that I had been running RedHat for only about a month, so I didn't gain vast experience with Linux during that period.

1. Fedora runs faster than RedHat.
2. Fedora is much buggier than RedHat.
3. Fedora is "smarter" in Samba than in RedHat.

Now, I know some are going to say that Fedora is only RedHat with a different label. That may be so, but my experiences suggest that is not the case. Things I could not do easily in RedHat can be done effortlessly in Fedora (i.e., hooking up via my household LAN to my Win98 machines). Other things that were seamless in RedHat are crashing around my ankles in Fedora (i.e., running updates without having to first log in as root, and then after logging in as root still seeing intermittant failures).

Doing my 6th fresh reload in two days, and hoping for better luck this time.

LT Don