Re: Hard Drives and Kernal Source

Krikket wrote:

Has anyone else had problems getting Fedora to recognize their hard drives
at full capacity? I have a 20 gig drive that the BIOS recognises as 20
gig. I had it working at 20 gig under Windows and SuSE linux, but Fedora
only recognizes it as a 2 gig drive. Suggestions?

How are you checking the disk size under Linux?
If as root you enter this command what do you get?

dmesg|grep sectors

Or this (if your disk is the first ide drive)?

fdisk -lu /dev/hda

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021