Hard Drives and Kernal Source

Has anyone else had problems getting Fedora to recognize their hard drives
at full capacity?  I have a 20 gig drive that the BIOS recognises as 20
gig.  I had it working at 20 gig under Windows and SuSE linux, but Fedora
only recognizes it as a 2 gig drive.  Suggestions?

And the really embarassing question...  Does anyone have any thoughts on
how to install the kernal source?  apt/synaptic doesn't seem to have it,
and the add/install program feature is just broken..

Thanks!

Krikket