Re: No Sound on D865PERL Intel Motherboard (SoundMax)

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 04:43:41PM +0800, Richard Challinor wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 15:54, Richard Challinor wrote:

>[snip]
> I installed the latest ALSA RPMS from the FreshRPMS web site and ran
> alsaconf. It could not find a sound card.
>
> Help. I am well out of my depth now.

Well, if alsaconf doesn't do the right thing, you can try configuring
it by hand. This mainly means deactivating the OSS sound modules,
the same automatically:

http://freshrpms.net/docs/alsa/
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Intel&card=i820&chip=i820&module=intel8x0

I did this precise thing myself last week (with the FreshRPM packages),
and sound's now working fine. Good luck!

--
      Matt

      Matthew Zimmerman
      Interdisciplinary Biophysics, University of Virginia
      http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mdz4c/