Re: Suggestions on One-Time Mailing

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 11:01, David C. Hart wrote:
> I know that this is a bit OT but this group has some very experienced
> *nix users.
>
> I have to do a one-time mailing for a client (NOT spam). I have a text
> file of 400 email addresses. Any suggestions on a simple way to do this?
>                                ---------
>             Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence

How about using using aliases?  It works beautifully for smaller lists.
I've never used 400, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

If you have a comma delimited list of addresses, you could just paste
them into /etc/aliases in this form:

alias_name: name@xxxxxxxxxxxx, name@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ...

You must run "newaliases" after you edit the file, then just send one
email to aliases@yourmailhost and all the defined addresses get it.

man aliases

--
Brad Kittredge <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>